The Bedford: Safety Promise
A New Way to Stay
Hanging out in The Parlour Room, lazy mornings in bed in your Elegant Room, brunch with friends in The Bedford Cafe… we’re missing it all. Mostly though, we’re missing you.
While we can’t wait to welcome you back, times have changed and so have we. Now, more than ever, we’re committed to reopening our doors the right way. Below you can learn more about how we are planning to keep our team and guests safe - leaving you to focus on the fun and enjoying your much deserved break.
So, what can you expect?
A Warm Welcome
This is the one thing that hasn’t changed! We want to reassure all our guests and customers at The Bedford that hospitality is still at the heart of everything we do. While we have some additional steps in place to ensure everything runs smoothly and safely, you can rest assured that what has not changed is our welcoming team and the best of Limerick hospitality.
All our Townhouse guests will receive a courtesy call the day before their arrival to reconfirm your reservation and any further assistance you may need in planning your stay in Limerick.
Caring for our people, so they can care for you.
- We’ve issued guidance and COVID 19 training to all employees. They know what they need to do to ensure you can enjoy your stay with us safely.
- PPE will be required and provided to our teams for your safety and theirs.
- Our team knows how to proceed if they or anyone they live with has any symptoms of COVID 19.
- Social distancing will be implemented in all of our team areas.
Keeping It Clean
Cleanliness has always been a top priority and we’re committed to keeping it squeaky.
- Our Townhouse & Cafe have had a complete fogging complete to provide an indepth sanitisation ahead of reopening.
- You’ll see us more often in high traffic areas, cleaning and sanitising down those pesky high touch items that need a bit of love. Think the front desk, bathrooms, door handles, counters, tabletops, lift buttons - all will be getting our undivided attention.
- Hand sanitiser will be visible and readily available throughout the Townhouse & Café, so keep those hands clean, kids!
Three different ways of checking in? Yes, that’s right, we are providing all our guests with three options of how they can check in at The Bedford. All you have to do is decide which is right for you:
- Check-In at Front Desk: Available until 18:00 each day. We promise to keep it brief and have keycards and information readily available upon arrival.
- Mobile Access: If you are arriving after 18:00 or would prefer to head straight to your room we can send you your room key to your smartphone. Just download the JustIN app: Apple / Android and we will take care of the rest.
- Pin Access: If mobile is not your thing, we can send you a pin access number to you be email on the day of arrival and leave your keycard in your room.
- There will be extra care taken at our front desk. Any keycards or pens that you come into contact with will be disinfected after each use.
- We usually love to escort our guests to their room but will be providing you with guidance from our Front Desk instead for now. Don’t worry if you’re arriving late, we’ll give you a call to go through everything over the phone. Throughout your stay we are always at the other end of the phone. If you need assistance with anything we will do our best to provide this.
- Hoping for a handshake? You’ll have to excuse us when we politely decline. We have only your best interests in mind – waves and virtual high fives will be in plentiful supply in the meantime.
Back to basics.
- In-room, we’re pairing it back to the essentials, keeping everything you need and taking out anything you don’t. The best of our complimentary amenities such as Ballygowan water and robes & slippers aren’t going anywhere and will be replaced after each stay.
- Things like maps, notepads and pencils may have made their way out, but we’ll have everything handy in the event you may need it.
- We’ve always thoroughly cleaned rooms between guests, replacing linen and towels, and we’ll continue to do so.
- We’ll be paying extra attention to all the commonly used items - wiping down remote controls, light switches, A/C controls and door handles until they are squeaky clean.
- Housekeeping. We operate a daily housekeeping service for all our guests, and linen is changed every other day, which we will continue. If you would prefer not to have your room serviced just let us know or pop your DND on the door.
Dining at a Distance
Our Wellness Breakfast will be a welcome sight after your night’s sleep at The Bedford. Good news – we have now introduced some new options so you eat the way you like during your stay
- Breakfast in The Bedford Café – our wonderful Café team will be ready and waiting, at a safe distance, for our Townhouse guests during their stay. We have reduced the number of tables in our Café so reservations are recommended which we will remind you about on check in. Our full wellness breakfast menu will be available so just relax and enjoy.
- Breakfast to your Room – fancy a lazy breakfast in bed? Our Café team will be happy to deliver your breakfast to your room for you to enjoy. All room service will be provided in compostable packaging material for your safety. Just let us know what you fancy and leave the rest to us.
- Breakfast to Go – take advantage of Limerick’s wonderful waterfront our one of the many City’s parks and enjoy your breakfast al fresco. You can order from the comfort of your room and we will pack everything for you to take with you.
- The Gym at The Bedford will be available for guests to use. We are restricting access to one person in the gym at a time so enjoy your own personal space and your choice of equipment for your private workout.
- Our steamroom is being kept closed for now for safety reasons. We can recommend some great running and walking routes around the City and waterfront for those that want to get fresh air.
- Don’t forget our Roof Garden where you can relax and stretch out under the open skies.
The Bedford Concierge – get the most out of your visit to Limerick
There is more than meets the eye with Limerick – allow our Concierge team to help you plan the perfect visit.
- Limerick City offers a wealth of visitor experiences for our guests to enjoy. Everything from King John’s Castle to kayaking on the River Shannon. You will be spoiled for choice with the best of Limerick cuisine and wonderful hospitality
- Limerick County – Head out to Ballyhoura, Adare, Newcastle West and many more amazing destinations and experience the best of Limerick’s mountains, countryside and cuisine.
- Wild Atlantic Way – Limerick is on the edge of the Wild Atlantic Way and provides the perfect base for exploring the fabulous Western coastline and its many hidden charms.
We’re in this Together
- We want you to relax and enjoy your stay with us at The Bedford. Just keep in mind what we all need to do to keep each other safe.
- Let's see those beautiful masks! Remember to wear PPE where appropriate and mandated.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available upon entry, so take full advantage!
- We’re redesigning our spaces to respect social distancing rules and may ask you to limit the number of people in a lift or in the lobby.
- Be mindful of others - signage will remind you where to sit and stand.
- If you’re not feeling well and are showing COVID-19 symptoms, please self-isolate. We’ll get in touch with appropriate health authorities to get you the care you need.
We hope this provides you with all the assurance you need to visit us in Limerick at The Bedford. We can't wait to welcome you!
For reservations at The Bedford please visit our Booking Engine for our best rates and packages. If you need any assistance just email us on email@example.com or call us on 061-204400.